Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Family Computer



Yesterday, me and a couple of my friends were talking about Family Computer games, being are our age is not that far-off from each other, we often agree on the games that like and we consider “Classic”. These classic games from the 80’s to early 90’s just shows how slacking off has its own benefits.  I was lucky to have witnessed the evolution of game consoles, and as far I remember, the earliest game console that I ever played was Atari.  My brother and I went to my grandfather’s house in Damar Village in Quezon City and there is the first and last time I used the said home game console. With a joystick and single button, my brother and I played “Pong”. A 2D game, it is like playing table tennis without the swinging of a paddle. Then came the Family Computer, I can’t recall on what was age when we had this console, but having one at home made me one of the cool kids at school. Playing games such as Super Mario Brothers, Battletoads, Galaga, Kage, Contra, Double Dragon, Arkanoid, Street Fighter, Donkey Kong, Goonies, Ghost Busters, Excite Bike, Double Dribble, Mappy, Pac-man,Popeye, Rockman, Spy vs. Spy, Tetris, Warpman, Kung Fu Master, Zippy Race, Circus Charlie, Bomberman, Battle City, Afterburner, Duck Hunt, Adventure Island, Legend of Kage, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dig Dug, Elevator Action and Punch-out. These games that I just mentioned bring back memories. During those times when instead studying or doing my homework, you will see me in front of the television playing these games., either playing alone or my other siblings. These games paved way to what video games are today. With the advancement in technology, games and game consoles evolve and up to now, game developers are still producing new and innovating ways to create more games so for video games player like me. With the demand of video games and video game consoles and with help of technology, the demand was met with satisfied consumers with positive feedback.


No comments:

Post a Comment